Activities on International Drive in Orlando have seen a significant surge in visitor interest due to the ongoing revitalization of ICON Orlando 360. Renamed from I-Drive 360, this project has introduced a host of new attractions and diverse dining options, making the area more appealing than ever. Here's a collection of recommended activities and attractions to consider including in your vacation plans:
ICON Orlando (formerly Coca-Cola Orlando Eye)
- Towering over International Drive at 400 feet, ICON Orlando stands as the iconic centerpiece of the ICON Orlando 360 complex. It offers a 20-minute ride in high-tech capsules equipped with interactive iPad tablets, providing an aerial view of Florida's space coast and the surrounding landmarks.
SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium
- Nestled in the ICON Orlando 360 complex, this state-of-the-art aquarium offers a captivating experience for both young children and older kids alike. Explore over 5,000 marine creatures, including interactive displays and vast aquatic tanks.
Madame Tussauds Orlando
- As part of the ICON Orlando 360 Complex, Madame Tussauds exhibits incredibly lifelike wax figures of iconic celebrities and pop culture stars. Delve into the Justice League exhibit and engage with your favorite superheroes for an immersive experience.
SKELETONS: Museum of Osteology
- Housing over 450 real animal skeletons in unique poses and dioramas, this museum within the ICON Orlando 360 Complex offers a new perspective on the animal kingdom. The exhibits are both intriguing and educational.
- A distinctive upside-down structure, WonderWorks Orlando serves as an educational amusement park with various zones focused on interactive learning, covering topics from natural disasters to space exploration.
Ripley's Believe It or Not! Orlando
- Unusual and captivating, this site presents a collection of oddities and curiosities. Visitors can explore 16 galleries featuring unique showcases, providing endless photo opportunities and surprises.
Fun Spot America Theme Park Orlando
- A family-owned theme park offering a diverse range of rides and attractions, from roller coasters to bumper boats. It features activities for all ages, ensuring a fun-filled day for everyone.
Congo River Adventure Golf
- Engage in a thrilling game of miniature golf amidst adventurous settings, including waterfalls, caves, and more. Perfect for a family-friendly challenge.
Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition
- Featuring over 200 original artifacts recovered from the Titanic wreckage, this exhibition offers a poignant and educational journey through the historical tragedy.
Coco Key Water Park
- With various water slides, pools, and activities, this water park is an ideal place for kids to have fun, supervised by numerous lifeguards.
The ICON Orlando 360 area also offers an array of dining options, from high-end restaurants like Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse to the Sugar Factory, Uncle Julio's Mexican Restaurant, Shake Shack, and a food court for quick bites. Additionally, here are some tips for making the most of your visit:
- Utilize convenient parking near the ICON Orlando 360 Complex.
- Wear comfortable footwear and prepare for walking.
- Be prepared for Florida's weather, which can include brief showers.
- Consider the International Drive Trolley System for easy transport.
- Plan your must-see attractions and dining spots for a stress-free experience.
- Don't forget sun protection and plan your souvenir budget.
- Explore the shopping destinations along International Drive.
International Drive runs parallel to Interstate 4 south of Orlando, and off-season months like January, February, September, October, and November are optimal times to visit. Early mornings offer less crowded experiences, and visiting in the evening provides a different, lively atmosphere with dazzling lights.
For a diverse, engaging, and enjoyable vacation experience, International Drive in Orlando offers an array of attractions, dining choices, and leisure opportunities suitable for all ages.